I really didn’t imagine my life would turn around completely after coming to Qatar. Since I came here, I have turned into this person who actually thinks before spending and refrains from splurging.
To be more precise:
I had been so ungrateful, living at my mom’s place and eating free food. How long did I thought it would last?
How I have made this transition possible:
- I no longer drool over shoes. Even if they deserve to be bought and strutted in.
- I have realized that three is a normal number of handbags to own. It rips me off my title for being the Queen of collecting every cute bag in sight. But then I remind myself of the eight handbags I left at home to make space for practical things (like i don’t know..clothes?)
- I only eat expensive Japanese food once a month unlike my Japanese rendezvous every other week back home.
- I actually use the mantra “Do I really need this?” before buying anything.
- I remind myself that I will be skint when I will go to Canada if I don’t start saving soon.
I’m not a miser really. Although I am practicing to be one.